Pages

Thursday, 22 September 2016

September update number 2

This is a milestone for me, twice in one month.  I've been busy quilting my daughters quilt.  It needed to be finished before we head off on our travels, so I'm going to hold off posting any cross stitching progress until next month.

I made Jaybird Quilts Gravity BOM.  It is a King sized quilt and actually sold as one pattern, but you could do it as a block of the month if you wished,  I'm actually making 2 of these, but I will be getting the second one professionally quilted.  My daughter chose her own quilting designs and I finished it today.  I am doing this one on my domestic Bernina.  Those who quilt will know what a monumental task this is.

Here are some photos for you all:





















Now I can get back to cross stitching.  To reward myself, I treated myself to some charts from the HAED sale:
 Frozen (ortega)
 Woodland Guardian (no background)
 My Sweet Pet
 Kindred Spirits (no background)

Until next time, happy stitching!

3 comments:

  1. That quilt is wow, wow and WOW! Love the colours and all that intricate stitching. I also fell prey to the HAED sale - 4 new charts forced me to take them home. Great choices you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Kim, looking at the close-ups I can't believe how intricate it all is. I'm only a very very very junior quilter and I couldn't even fathom how you would even tackle a piece like this. It looks so amazing. You have one very lucky daughter and your daughter has one very very talented Mum. Love your new HAED's too. But then of course I would LOL!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the quilt! Great job!

    ReplyDelete